Jan 1, 2014

In 2013 I...

It's time for one of my favourite posts of the year... the recap of the past year! 2013 was probably one of the best years for me. I started the year with a good job but ended up leaving that job for a better one with a longer contract. So I had steady work all year! (Yes, that's a big deal to me.) I animated like crazy and learned a lot. (I won't be able to show off my updated reel until later in the year though) Seriously, the year was just overall great I don't have many negative things to say other than the start of 2014 is going to be a bit rough. But I'm not going to get into that.

Here is a list of some of the highlights from the year, in random order.
In 2013 I...
 went on a road trip with my best friend Tania, for one week to Tobermory!
 painted more tribal pattern things! This sloth one is my current favorite.

 I opened up my first online shop!
 played with spraklers!
shared one of my go-to desserts. A simple cracker pudding cake recipe.
posted over 10 nail art designs. (not as many as I used to do) These sweet tooth ones were my favourite!
helped design a shop sign and logo for a new bake shop! Plus a few cupcake paintings.
posted a couple of my favourite outfits.
shared a table at Fan Expo again. It was so much fun. We had a full house too.
finally got Captain neutered.
visited the new Ripley's Aquarium of Canada!
worked on a couple of cool shows like; Sidekicks, Total Drama Island and Grojband!
went to the Toronto Zombie Walk again!
shared a table with Justin at the Toronto ComiCon for the first time, and we loved it!
doodled on my cintiq. (this one is still not done.)
had my own table at Atomic Lollipop! It was an interesting experience.
went camping with a bunch of friends. It was our first time going together, plus with Cap.
thrifted a bit. Here is a thrifting video too!
shared some pictures of our apartment. I hope to do another post like this next year because some things have changed.

Other things that happened in 2013;
Watched over 55 movies in theatre, took a lot of pictures with my Fisheye camera, completed my Roseanne DVD set (and watch them all like crazy), got a 3DS XL, been dying my hair funky colours again, buying more dresses, took as many hula hoop classes as I could, bough my first Sailor Moon doll, got a new computer for my birthday, and I also got a ukulele for my birthday!

I also want to take a moment to appreciate you, the reader. You are awesome! Thank you for all your encouraging comments on my posts, especially my artwork. For a long time I didn't get many comments about my artwork (i'm talking in person), but the internet is such a big place with so many people, I'm glad to have found people who really enjoy my work (and sometimes want to buy it.) Seriously you make blogging more fun, you make me want to share more and you make me happy.
And I thank you for that. :]

P.S. You can check out recaps from 2011 and 2012 too.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your tribal art so much! And everything else looks amazing too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun year! Having a baby has made me miss a lot in the blogging world but I am excited to start catching up with my favorites again including you! How's your pup? Love the recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens, babies are important and it looks like you had a pretty good year too!
      Yay, i'm a favourite something! Captain is great, healthy and active as ever. Loving winter!

      Delete
  3. wow you did a lot! love the sloth, I think it might be your best yet. Also that's so cool about working on some animated shows :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love these posts! looks like you had an excellent year! i have high hopes for 2014! one of my goals this year is to go camping with travis. he is really into camping and hiking, but i haven't done it with him since maybe 2004!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh camping sounds like fun. I hope I get to do something fun with justin, or go on a mini vacation with him

      Delete
  5. It's been such a rad year for you. i love your blog and art. I love my print and see it every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...