Dec 31, 2012

In 2012 I...

It's that time again. Time to recap/review that past year. You can check out 2011's recap post here. Overall, 2012 has been a good year. The year started out great, there were some low points but it ended on a good note. I am really looking forward to 2013. The number 13 has always been a lucky and favourite number for me. (Hello, my birthday is on the 13th and so is my Moms.)
We'll see what happens!

Here is a list of some of the highlights from the year, in random order.
In 2012 I...
 created lots of pretty artwork.
 shared a table with Justin at Fan Expo for the second time.
went to the Toronto Zombie Walk again.
painted my nails pretty colours.
 watched just over 60 movies in theatre! (Does not include the handful of movies I saw twice in theatre.) Whoa!!
 did a few what i wore posts.
 finally got my first smart phone and joined instagram!
 finished working my first animation job, then got my first freelance animation job where I worked from home. Starting the new year with my third one. :]
 went to the Toronto Zoo a few times and a first time with Justin.
 developed a lot of film, and still have a bit of film waiting to be developed.
 used up a lot of my rainbow mini instax film. It's almost all gone!
 visited the dog park as much as I could.
 made things, like pretty bows, mushroom and cupcake rings.
thrifted a bit.
 
Other things that happened in 2012;
Joined another sketchbook project - limited edition. Made some yummy foods like cupcakes and pretzels. Upgraded my digital cameras. Bought a cintiq. Finally got a fisheye camera (and it was on sale). Watched and re-watched a lot of shows/movies on Netflix (like; Xena, Roseanne, Hey Arnold etc.) Found a bunch of new blogs to follow. Visited the drive-in. Had lots of frozen yogurt. Ate lots of sushi (and some homemade sushi). Bought ugly sweaters. Relaxed by the fire pit. Grew a bunch of plants (avacado). Found and fixed my old record player. Took lots and lots of pictures of Cap.

I also want to thank you all for following me. Not just that, for all the sweet comments, for liking my stuff and supporting my artwork. You guys are all so awesome!

Hope your year was a good one and if it wasn't that great, then I hope you try to look back at the good stuff instead of the bad. Stay positive!

See you next year. :]
(Or for some it's already the new year, then happy new year!)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty brilliant year! I particularly love the look of that gorgeous rainbow mini instax film - they're so bright and cheery. Well done on the stall-sharing and making loads of coolness, as well as the awesome artwork and "ugly" jumpers. Happy New Year when it comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I read this. It's one of those things that just makes you feel good in the morning. I'm proud of what you accomplished last year. Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um... did you seriously animate on ugly Americans? I am obsessed with that cartoon. *Having a total nerd gasm right now*
    Your year looked amazing. Can't wait to see what 2013 brings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my first animation job. I learned so much, it'll always have a special place in my heart. :]

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...